Living in Los Angeles you’re blessed with having so many options when it comes to where you’re going to have your next meal that it can get a little overwhelming. We’re going to share our 5 Best Places to grab a bite in Los Angeles!!
#1) Guisados Tacos // Multiple locations in Los Angeles: http://www.guisados.co/
You’ve seen the beautiful sample platter photos on Instagram and there’s a reason why Guisados Tacos is on every food list to try in Los Angeles. We love it because it’s different from the traditional street tacos in every single way. Let’s get into our list:
- Their corn tortillas are handmade fresh all day! We love the thicker texture and softness of the tortilla here!!
- Their menu is gluten-free!
- All of their fillings are Homestyle Braises. This blew our mind the first time we tried Guisados, the meat were all so tender and flavorful. It’s was a new experience for us.
- They offer a great menu selection + combination of a variety of tacos. Everything is different from the next.
- Mouthwatering / delicious drinks!! Sample them J Our pick: Cantaloupe & Horchata
- Support of local artist: Each location features a different artist through their Artist Program. Read more about it: http://www.guisados.co/featured-artist/
If it’s your first time we suggest getting the sampler platter to try out 5 different tacos. We love the spicy cochinita pibil + chicaroon for starters. These sample platter tacos are much smaller than the regular single $2.75 – $3.00 taco. If you’re getting two tacos it will full you up, they’re really good sizes!
#2) Seoul Waffle Pizza:
3525 W 8th St
Los Angeles, CA 90005
We recently discovered Seoul Waffle Pizza through Instagram (shoutout to @foodbeast) and absolutely just LOVE THESE GUYS. Brand new store with lots of love + incredible food behind it.
Where else will you get a pizza on a waffle? What we like about Seoul Waffle Pizza is the insane combinations! Toppings like corn, bacon, and bulgogi…with combinations like Angus Hamburger Steak and Seoul Lover: Bulgogi and kimchi inside! We suggest the Four Seasons Pizza for $9 , getting to try different varieties on one pizza is just a blessing.
No take out, you have to dine in and experience it fresh. Super cool, fun, and most important…delicious.
Check out these great photos.
#3) Pho 87
1019 N Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Pho 87 is a spot where you don’t really have to dress up for and not feel bad. No frills…. just quick, affordable, and perfect in many ways. We think that pho cures all. If you’re feeling under the weather, going through a breakup, or hungover…pho will fix you right up.
Decent pho is hard to come around in Los Angeles but this is authentic Vietnamese. It passed our test! And knowing a great dependable pho spot is just extremely important to know and will always give you brownie points.
We love that there’s a parking lot, lots of seats, and the pho is always consistent no matter what. That’s key! You want it to taste the same every single time!
#4) Salt & Straw
240 N Larchmont Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Venice: 1357 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90291
I know you might think this is overpriced typical Los Angeles ice cream but hear us out. Salt & Straw is our favorite place to grab ice cream for many reasons:
- The best flavors: Avocado strawberry, honey lavender, black olive brittle & goat cheese // The beauty is that you can honestly sample every single flavor, choose between a half or full scoop, and mix and match flavors. You’re family there, every time.
- Girls who are into their health but love ice cream will love you for taking them here. You get the highest quality ice cream, insane community feeling and extra brownie points because every chick loves Salt & Straw.
- There is a huge difference between ice cream that was made in small batches with fresh premium ingredients and store brought ice cream with a bunch of perspectives and chemicals in it. You taste the difference in flavor!
- The sense of community here is so fun you want to live here and talk to all the people visiting through the doors. Good vibes all around.
#5) Bottega Louie
700 S Grand Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Every time we come here for brunch we forget we’re in Los Angeles! It’s a place to bring a date, your parents from out of town, or have a business meeting….safe to say you will impress anyone you bring here. The décor is clean, open and food is always on point. We love the coffee and eggs benedict for brunch, it’s a classic that always hits the spot.